Thermo Scientific – TruScan™ RM Handheld Raman Analyzer
Pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturers must ensure the quality of materials – from incoming raw material through finished product. The Thermo Scientific™ TruScan™ RM Handheld Raman Analyzer delivers reliable material identity verification through sealed packaging in seconds, right at the point-of-need. With the optional Thermo Scientific™ TruTools™ embedded chemometrics package, users can build advanced, customized qualitative and quantitative methods for complex material analysis problems.
The TruScan RM analyzer includes state-of-the-art optics paired with a patented multivariate residual analysis that offers an effective chemometric solution for material identification, with two spectral pre-processing options. The analyzer’s non-destructive point-and-shoot sampling principle facilitates rapid verification of a broad range of chemical compounds, including cellulose-based products.
The TruScan RM analyzer with TruTools becomes a more powerful spectrometer. Applications for QA/QC include enhanced raw material ID for similar compounds, multiple component ID, and identification and quantification of finished products. In PAT, applications include at-line endpoint determination for distillations, reaction monitoring, and powder blending operations.
TruTools leverages Solo, a chemometrics software package from Eigenvector Research Inc. that allows users to develop models that can be deployed onto the TruScan RM analyzer.
- Weighs less than 2 lbs (0.9kg)
- Rugged design; chemical and drop resistant
- Enhanced 21 CFR Part 11 and cGMP compliance with biometric login, complex password options and full audit trail features
- Noncontact analysis through plastic bags, glass containers, blister packs and clear gel caps
- Intuitive workflow adapted to production environment through PDF batch reports and ease of data input using barcode scanner
- Easy fleet management feature enables cloning of instrument and identification methods
- Suitable for screening falsified and sub-standard medicines
- Qualification documentation (IQ/OQ/PQ) and standard operating procedures available