780070 Centrifan™ PE-T Personal Evaporator with Cold Trap and Timer – 110 VAC
The Centrifan™ PE Evaporator / Concentrator is a small volume evaporator that eliminates the problem of bumping using SBT (Self Blowdown Technology). SBT allows solvent drying using heated, circulating gas flow and NO VACUUM PUMP !
- Vacuum-Free – no bumping or splashing to risk sample purity and yield
- Centrifugal Evaporation – sample securely pressed in spinning containers
- Versatile – ideal for LC fractions, synthesis reactions, harsh inorganic chemistry, cold room operations, toxic compounds, radioisotopes
- Low Maintenance – no vacuum pump; no noise; simple unattended operation
- Temperature – programmable ambient to 55°C
- Off-Timer – programmable from minutes to hours
- Green Solvent Recovery – captured gas recirculates in a closed system; toxic materials are contained
- Easy-to-Use – close the lid to start
- Flexible – concentrate samples or evaporate to complete dryness, or collect distillate
- Compact – portable, minimal bench space
- Containers – use 20/30/40 mL scintillation vials, 1.6 mL Eppendorf tubes, 4 mL (1 dram) vials, or 16 mm x 100 mm test tubes
- Low Cost
Overview of the Innovative Centrifan PE Featuring Self Blow-down Technology
The KD Scientific Centrifan™ PE uses self-generating blow-down technology to evaporate samples without a vacuum pump within a closed system. Centrifugal force protects samples from loss and cross-contamination, freeing operators for other tasks. If you are using a rotary evaporator, see how the Centrifan™ PE can save 1-operator-hour per sample.
Eliminate Sample Drying Risk while Freeing Operator Time
The Centrifan™ PE employs a novel, recirculating evaporation technique that reuses a captured volume of gas and generates its own gas flow to efficiently evaporate samples in standard 20mL scintillation vials. The technique eliminates the need for a vacuum pump or a large supply of blow down gas, significantly reducing cost, complexity, noise, and maintenance compared to rotary evaporators, vacuum centrifuges, and conventional blow-down equipment. Because it operates without vacuum, the Centrifan™ PE eliminates the potential for cross contamination and sample loss caused by solvent bumping.
Vacuum-Free, Closed System Drying
The Centrifan™ PE has a spinning rotor with fan blades that generate a high flow rate of drying gas which is directed onto the surface of the solvent in the scintillation vials. The rotor generates centrifugal force to keep 100% of the solute pressed in the scintillation vials, thus preventing compound loss and cross contamination. Solvent vapors from the trapped volume of gas are continuously flowed through a secondary loop with a dry ice cold trap to prevent release of toxic fumes. The unit may be purged of air with a nitrogen bleed to perform oxygen-free drying.
With a small 8 in x 12 in footprint and only 18 in high, the Centrifan PE is self-contained, requires little bench or hood space, and will even fit in a hot cell.
Centrifan PE-T (Timer) includes the cold trap and an Off-Timer for stopping evaporation before samples reach complete dryness.